(BOSTON) June 22, 2021 – Today Reebok unveils its first Reebok x Power Rangers collection in partnership with Hasbro. Inspired by the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers television series of the 90s, this full-family footwear collection pairs iconic Reebok silhouettes with five of the original Power Rangers in both performance and lifestyle silhouettes.
The characters featured in this collection include the Red Ranger, Black Ranger, Blue Ranger, Pink Ranger, Yellow Ranger and Megazord. Each of the key footwear models that represent the Power Rangers incorporate elements connecting the shoe to its corresponding Power Ranger and their Zord.
Highlights of the Reebok x Power Rangers line include:
• Zig Kinetica II Red Ranger ($140) – The Red Ranger’s impressive athleticism and powerful personality pairs perfectly with Reebok’s all-new Zig Kinetica II. The Zig Kinetica II Red Ranger also features a jagged toe box to represent the Tyrannosaurus Zord’s teeth with silver Zord accents along the midsole. Also available in Zig Dynamica for grade school and preschool.
• Nano X1 Black Ranger ($150) – This version of Reebok’s most versatile training shoe yet, the Nano X1, was inspired by the Black Ranger’s sleek look, agility and speed. The Nano X1 Black Ranger allows you to perform a wide range of physical activities in style. The shoe even features a heel tab design that references the Black Ranger’s signature 90s fashion sense. Available in adult sizing.
• Club C Legacy Blue Ranger ($120) – Rather than being at the forefront of every fight, the Blue Ranger’s power comes from within. This Club C Legacy pays homage to the Blue Power Ranger’s work through the translucent sole, which shows an important aspect of the shoe that is often shrouded by the outsole. The sneaker also includes a white collar and heel blocking to resemble the design of the Triceratops Zord’s crown. Available in adult, grade school and preschool sizing.
• Freestyle Hi Pink Ranger ($120) – Reebok’s Freestyle Hi, the first workout shoe made exclusively for women, is the perfect silhouette to represent the Pink Ranger, known for promoting individual empowerment and investing in others by teaching aerobics at her community center. The shoe also incorporates pink stripes down the front of the upper that make reference to the Pterodactyl Zord, as well as a green broken heart on the inside strap that alludes to the Pink Ranger’s relationship with the Green Ranger. Available in women’s, grade school and preschool sizing.
• Club C Yellow Ranger ($100) – The Club C, a silhouette known for its’ adaptability from the skate park to the tennis court, matches the Yellow Power Ranger’s signature versatility. In addition to Zord markings, the Club C Yellow Ranger features a wing logo on the back of the tongue as a tribute to Yellow Ranger actress Thuy Trang. Available in adult sizing.
• Question Mid Megazord ($180) – The Question Mid Megazord features a range of markings to represent the Zord, from the black and yellow logo on the tongue that resembles Zord eyes to the V-printed eyelets that emulate Zord teeth. The shoe also includes a question mark on the right toe with an M for Megazord.
Beyond unique details that relate to each character, each style incorporates a Power Coin, the Power Rangers bolt and materials inspired by the metallic Zords.
All six adult models will be packaged in shoeboxes designed to resemble different elements of the Megazord. Once assembled, these six boxes combined will create a limited edition Megazord figure akin to the television show model.
The Question Mid Megazord will be available exclusively at Reebok.com/power_rangers beginning June 29, 2021 at 10am EST. All remaining models in the Reebok x Power Rangers collection will be available at both Reebok.com/power_rangers and various additional retailers on June 29, 2021 at 10am EST. Hi-res imagery of the collection is available for download HERE.
Currently, Power Rangers is celebrating 28 continuous years on the air, making it one of the longest-running kids’ live-action series in television history, with nearly 900 episodes aired to date. Created by Haim Saban and launched in 1993 with Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, the franchise celebrates its 28th season, “Power Rangers Dino Fury,” currently airing on Saturdays at 8 a.m. (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon in the U.S.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to making the world a better place for all children, fans and families. Hasbro delivers immersive brand experiences for global audiences through consumer products, including toys and games; entertainment through eOne, its independent studio; and gaming, led by the team at Wizards of the Coast, an award-winning developer of tabletop and digital games best known for fantasy franchises MAGIC: THE GATHERING and DUNGEONS & DRAGONS.
The company’s unparalleled portfolio of approximately 1,500 brands includes MAGIC: THE GATHERING, NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, BABY ALIVE, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, POWER RANGERS, PEPPA PIG and PJ MASKS, as well as premier partner brands. For the past decade, Hasbro has been consistently recognized for its corporate citizenship, including being named one of the 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute. Important business and brand updates are routinely shared on our Investor Relations website, Newsroom and social channels (@Hasbro on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.)
© 2021 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Reebok International Ltd., headquartered in Boston, MA, USA, is a leading worldwide designer, marketer and distributor of fitness and lifestyle footwear, apparel and equipment. An American-inspired global brand, Reebok is a pioneer in the sporting goods industry with a rich and storied fitness heritage. Reebok develops products, technologies and programming which enable movement and is committed to accompanying people on their journey to fulfill their Potential. Reebok connects with the fitness consumer wherever they are and however they choose to stay fit – whether it’s functional training, running, combat training, walking, dance, yoga or aerobics. Reebok Classics leverages the brand’s fitness heritage and represents the roots of the brand in the sports lifestyle market.
For more information, visit Reebok at www.reebok.com, or, for the latest news at http://news.reebok.com/
Discover Reebok at the following locations: http://facebook.com/reebok; http://twitter.com/reebok; and http://youtube.com/reebok